Read Adobe After Effects Interview Questions and Answers for Interview
Adobe After Effects interview questions and answers most asked at top companies. These Adobe After Effects questions are for both experienced & fresher candidates.
List of Questions
- What is Adobe Photoshop?
- How you can re-size the image in Photoshop?
- What is a Gradient in Adobe Photoshop?
- What are the Photoshop’s work areas?
- In Adobe Photoshop how you can print the grid?
- What is resizing images and what are the parameters to change the size of the picture?
- In Photoshop, what is a smart object?
- How do you organize layers in Photoshop?
- How you can unlock the background in Photoshop?
- How do you select an exact color to match?
- What is the difference between PSB (Photoshop Big) and PSD (Photoshop Document)?
- What is healing tool?
- Can you use bamboo tablet in Photoshop?
- How can you reduce noise in an image?
- How to create an artistic border?
- What is a Gaussian blur?
- What are swatches palettes?
- What are Lasso tools and name them?
- With the help of spin software how you can make 3D sphere?
- How to create a transparent background in Photoshop?
- What is Clone tool?
- How you fix the blurry images in Photoshop?
- What tool you can use to combine images?
- What is a Bezier curve?
- How does Red Eye tool works?
- What is PostScript and showpage command?
- What is the meaning of a Path?
- What is Photoshop lightroom?
- How you can import photographs in Lightroom from hard-drives?
- How you can create a Diptych?
- How you can create the HDR effects in lightroom?
- What color is considered to be blown out?
- How you can fix blown out colors in light room?
- How you can create a Grainy matte effect in Lightroom?
- What is the short cut to e-mails photos directly from lightroom?
- How smart collection in lightroom is useful?
- Why filename template is important in light room?
- Explain where you can use file name templates?
- How you can assign a keywords in Lightroom?
- How you can analyze the color tone in light room?
- How to take back-up of photographs in light room?
- Where you will find the back-up in light room?
- With filter options in library what all things you can sort and search in lightroom?
- How you can sync edits for multiple images in lightroom?
- In synchronize setting what you should not sync?
- What is the file extension for Adobe After Effects projects?
- What is the function of key frames in After Effects?
- What is CTI and what is the function of CTI?
- How can you reach the exact spot of the footage?
- What is the key that will help you to know, how much area will cut out from the footage?
- What is the function of scale? What are the control keys in the tool bar?
- How you can delete the previous time frame from the time frame panel?
- How you can rotate your picture?
- What is the different axis you can rotate?
- What is ‘ease in’ and ‘ease out’ in after effects?
- What is graph editor?
- What is motion sketch?
- What is the function of split layer?
- What is the function of blending mode?
- What is a mask in after effects and what is the short key to select the image?
#Adobe After Effects Interview Questions and Answers
What is Adobe Photoshop?
It is software developed by Adobe to create and edit images and logos. By adobe photoshop adjustment and modification can be done.
How you can re-size the image in Photoshop?
To resize the image in Photoshop you have to go into menu bar, under menu bar you will find an option “Image Size”. On clicking that option, it will open a dialog box, by which you can adjust the size of the image.
What is a Gradient in Adobe Photoshop?
Gradients are a great way to introduce eye-catching and flashy graphics in your pages.
What are the Photoshop’s work areas?
The Photoshop’s work area includes Application Bar, Option Bar, Panel Dock and Tools panel.
In Adobe Photoshop how you can print the grid?
First of all you have to place the non-printing grid in a manner you want the print, and then take a screen shot. Now, you have to open a new file and paste your screen shot image on it. Once done, you can crop the background of the Photoshop window except the image with the grid. The image is ready for print.
What is resizing images and what are the parameters to change the size of the picture?
To suit a particular purpose of the application resizing of the images is done.
The parameters to change the size of image are:
- Type of image or picture
- Size of pixels
- Background resolution
In Photoshop, what is a smart object?
In Photoshop CS2 and above, it has a special layer known as Smart Object Layer. Smart objects give freedom to work with multiple copies of a single object. All the multiple copies will be updated simultaneously when single object is updated. Also, changes in the adjustment of layers and layer styles of a single object can be done without affecting the multiple copies. Without any loss in pixel, pixel based objects can be changed several times.
How do you organize layers in Photoshop?
A layers shows a picture or image. To organize layers in Photoshop, place various images in separate layers. Lock the unused layers and unlock the layers which are in use. When two or more layers need to be changed, unlock the layers.
How you can unlock the background in Photoshop?
To unlock the background image, first click on the picture or image and then select MODE option. After that, select the option GRAY SCALE and revert to LAYER. When you double click on the surface, the surface will be unlocked.
How do you select an exact color to match?
To sample the color as foreground color, we use the eye-dropper tool. Select the foreground color square, use the paint bucket tool or brush tool for covering the area. You can also use Clone Stamp Tool. Now use the key Alt+ and click where you want the color from and hold down the mouse button to cover up the area.
What is the difference between PSB (Photoshop Big) and PSD (Photoshop Document)?
They both are file formats to store digital images. There is very less difference between PSB and PSD, what they differ is how they are stored and used. PSD is a default extension for Photoshop files and it can support the file size of 30,000 by 30,000 pixels. While for creating big documents or large image .psb file format is used, and it can save an image size upto 300,000 by 300,000 pixels.
What is healing tool?
Healing tool is used in Photoshop to hide the unwanted spots or pictures that appeared in your original picture and makes picture look like real without any changes. The tool use complicated algorithm to calculate what would be the area of your picture based on the surrounding pixels.
Can you use bamboo tablet in Photoshop?
Yes, you can use bamboo tablet in Photoshop. After installing the bamboo tablet software, open the software. Once done, the next step is to configure the four hotkeys of Bamboo tablet with the help of the software available in tablet. Create a new document and open the Photoshop, you can now have Photoshop with a bamboo tablet.
How can you reduce noise in an image?
Reduce noise option is helpful to reduce the color and luminance effect in the image. To reduce the noise in an image, you have to go in a menu bar, select a filter menu, and in that you will see an option for NOISE. Again, clicking on it, it will show other option including reducing noise.
How to create an artistic border?
To create an artistic border, you must select an image. After that, add a layer mask in a layer pallet then select filter-> brush strokes-> sprayed strokes.
Adobe After Effects Interview Questions and Answers PDF
What is a Gaussian blur?
Gaussian blur is a tool that blurs the edges of the image to make it more real and adaptive to the surrounding. Often it is believed that Gaussian blur can only blurs the image, but if it is used cleverly it will not blurs the image but enhance the appearance.
What are swatches palettes?
Photoshop provides two palettes for selecting color, a) Swatch Palettes b) Color Palettes. Some specific colors can be used without remembering the numeric color values. Also, colors can be extracted from an available image. Default swatches and custom swatches are also an additional option for the users.
What are Lasso tools and name them?
With lasso tools precise area of an image can be selected, just by tracing the selection outlines the areas are selected.
- Simple Lasso Tool
- Polygonal Lasso Tool
- Magnetic Lasso Tool
With the help of spin software how you can make 3D sphere?
To make 3D sphere, select blur from filter menu and click on radial blur. Select spin option in the blur method section, you can increase or decrease the amount of spin by dragging the slider.
How to create a transparent background in Photoshop?
To create a transparent image you need to follows three steps:
- First go to ‘Select’ option and select the background, and then click on ‘Inverse’. This will select your main picture.
- Open a new file, select option ‘ Transparent’ under content, and you will have a file with transparent background.
- Copy your main picture and paste it to new file you created.
What is Clone tool?
Clone tool uses the current brush to repair the problem areas in photos and pictures, by painting over them with pixel data from other areas.
How you fix the blurry images in Photoshop?
To fix the blurry images in Photoshop you can use sharpening tools. Sharpening the image will lose the pixels, make sure you are finished with everything else and saved the changes before you start sharpening the image.
What tool you can use to combine images?
You can use Auto-blend layers command to combine images. Auto-blend layers uses layer masks as needed to mask-out over underexposed areas.
What is a Bezier curve?
It is a mathematically defined curve used in two-dimensional graphic applications. It is defined by four points, the initial position, two middle point positions and a terminating position.
How does Red Eye tool works?
Red eye tool is a type of a repairing tool. When you circle any problematic area with red eye tool, the Photoshop will automatically identity that area and will replace it by dark-gray pixels.
What is PostScript and showpage command?
PostScript is a page description language developed by Adobe Systems. It is a language for printing documents on laser printer, but it can also be used to produce images on other types of devices.
Showpage command transfers the contents of the current page to the current output device.
The main function of showpage is
• It executes the endpage procedure in the page device dictionary
• Executes the function equivalent of an initgraphics operation, reinitializing the graphics state for the next page
• In page device dictionary, it executes the beginpage
• If the Boolean result returned by the EndPage process is true, transmits the contents of the page to the current output device and performs the equivalent of an erasepage operation, clearing the contents in preparation for the next page.
What is the meaning of a Path?
A path can be defined as a collection of possibly disconnected, lines and areas describing the image. In simple words, it is a collection of curves and line segments arranged on the page. A path cannot be drawn by itself, but after it is specified it can be stroked (lines) or filled (places) making the proper marks.
What is Photoshop lightroom?
Photoshop light room is a software designed for photographer to make post-processing work easy after photography.
Key features in Light room are
- PNG Support
- Full Screen Mode
- User Configurable Grid Overlays
- Windows HiDPI Support
How you can import photographs in Lightroom from hard-drives?
When you start lightroom, it automatically ready itself for immediate import as soon as you connect an external storage device to your computer. But it fails then you have to follow the steps below.
- First select the source to import images file form
- Second step includes selecting files which one you want to import
- Once you select the files, you have to specify the method of import for example like Copy as DNG, Copy, Move , Add etc.
- The last step is to choose the destination to copy files to, file handling options and meta-data setting. This step is little longer than other steps as it includes other steps like file handling, file re-naming, apply during import etc.
How you can create a Diptych?
To create a Diptych
- Go to “Print” module under the main menu
- Under layout style select Custom Package
- Now under Rulers, Grids and Guides , check and uncheck the options as per your requirement like page grid, rulers, image cells, dimensions etc.
- After that adjust other settings like file resolution, custom file dimensions, JPEG Quality
- Now you can drag and drop the images on your film strip onto the blank page and arrange them
- When done, choose print to file to export your diptych
How you can create the HDR effects in lightroom?
In order to give an HDR effect to photo in light room,
- You have to open the develop module of Lightroom
- First step is to choose tone base
- The tone base will hightlight various settings like shadows, whites and blacks, constrast, clarity, saturation etc. It will set the foundation for the faux HDR effect
What color is considered to be blown out?
Any colour whose number exceeds 240 in light room is considered as blown out color.
How you can fix blown out colors in light room?
To fix the blown out colors in light room, you have to go to local adjustment brush option in lightroom and you can adjust your color. Either you can reduce the effect of color or either you can balance the effect of color by increasing the proportion of the opposite color.
How you can create a Grainy matte effect in Lightroom?
To create a Grainy matte effect in lightroom , you have to
- Go to “basic” section of the develop module
- Make changes like shadows, clarity or saturation if it requires
- Now go to the “split toning” section in the develop module and make the adjustment to Hue, saturation, balance, hightlight etc.
- And at the last we have to add grain, you can adjust the option like Amount, Size and Roughness
What is the short cut to e-mails photos directly from lightroom?
To e-mail photos directly from the lightroom short cut is
Press: Command+Shift+M(MAC) / Control+shift+M ( displays the options to e-mail photos in lightroom)
How smart collection in lightroom is useful?
Smart collection in light room is useful in
- Finding specific file types
- Smart collections to mark best images and can set up additional criteria
- Smart collections for Aspect Ratio- which means you can see your image in different formats like landscape, portrait and square
Adobe After Effects Interview Questions PDF
Why filename template is important in light room?
File name template is important in light room because with the file name template you can save lot of information about the image like meta-data of that image, equipment, date, equipment etc. Apart from that, you can also include a custom text field.
Explain where you can use file name templates?
File name templates can be used whenever you choose to rename files.
How you can assign a keywords in Lightroom?
Lightroom provides the feature to assign keywords to your image. In order to do that
- Select the image you want to assign the keyword
- Under the library option you will see keyword Panel
- Inside the keyword panel you can enter the name you want to assign to selected photos
How you can analyze the color tone in light room?
On the top right hand corner of the library there you can see a histogram. This histogram gives you a fair idea about your image appearance whether it is blown out or suave.
How to take back-up of photographs in light room?
To take the back up of your photograph you have to
- Go to EditàCatalog setting (windows) or Light room à Catalog Setting (Mac)
- Click the general tab
- Look for the back-up section
- Look for the back-up catalog menu and select every time lightroom exits
Where you will find the back-up in light room?
When you install lightroom, the program makes a folder “Lightroom”. This folder contains
- lightroom catalog
- Files related to the catalog
- A folder named Backups for Lightroom backups
With filter options in library what all things you can sort and search in lightroom?
With the use of filter options you can sort and search various options like
- File type ( JPG, DNG, RAW etc.)
- Lens Model
- Camera Model
- Lens focal length
- Aperture, ISO
- Flash state
- Flag status
- Virtual copies and many more
How you can sync edits for multiple images in lightroom?
Once you have edited the image and you want the same changes in other images as well you can use the function “Sync” at the bottom of the develop panel.
In synchronize setting what you should not sync?
While using “Sync” function you must not check the check box for “Brush” option in synchronize settings, as it may distort the image appearance. Even if the image is almost similar never check mark to this option.
What is the file extension for Adobe After Effects projects?
The file extension for, Adobe After effects project is .aep.
What is the function of key frames in After Effects?
The function of the key frames is to set parameters for audio, motion, visual effects and many other properties for any image or object by changing them over time. After effects is mostly used for animation purpose, and by setting key frames and after effects properties, they can move the image as if they are a video.
What is CTI and what is the function of CTI?
CTI stands for Current Time Indicator, and it controls the time line of the footage in the composition panel. With the help of CTI you can move the footage backward or forward.
How can you reach the exact spot of the footage?
To get into the exact spot of footage, in the control panel below the composition screen there is a tab showing time. On double clicking the tab, it will open a window where you can adjust the time and you can reach to the exact spot of the footage.
What is the key that will help you to know, how much area will cut out from the footage?
While you are on the composition panel, by pressing apostrophe (!) key will show you the area that will cut out from the footage.
What is the function of scale? What are the control keys in the tool bar?
It makes your picture or object, grow or shrink. Once the picture is selected, you will see a scale menu in the composition panel. Click on the tab infront of the “scale” bar known as stop watch, and the picture is ready to grow or shrink. To control the size of the picture, on the right hand side of the “Scale bar” you will see a number, increasing and decreasing those, number you can grow and shrink the size of the picture.
How you can delete the previous time frame from the time frame panel?
The time frame will be indicated with a yellow dot, by clicking on that yellow button and then pressing the delete button, you can delete the previous time frame.
How you can rotate your picture?
In the composition panel, select rotation option by pressing ‘r’ on your keyboard. Now on the right hand side you will see numbers, which show how much degree you want to rotate the picture. You can rotate the picture by increasing and decreasing those numbers.
What is the different axis you can rotate?
There are three axis x, y and z that your picture can rotate and to select the axis, you have to click on the right side of one of the three boxes that resides right below the “Tool bar”. The “Tool bar” is between the “Source Name” bar and “Parent” bar in the composition panel.
What is ‘ease in’ and ‘ease out’ in after effects?
Slowing down the speed of your moving picture is known as ‘ease in’ while to bring it back to its original speed is known as ‘ease out’.
What is graph editor?
Graph editor can help you to change the rotation speed and the degree of rotation. It is in the corner of the composition panel on the right hand side.
What is motion sketch?
Motion sketch is a path you want your object and picture to drop or move. For motion sketch, click on the window tab in menu bar and select Motion Sketch option from the window bar. Now you can draw the path and make your image move accordingly.
What is the function of split layer?
In edit bar, if you select split option you can split your video clip into two sections or layer. So, when you want to do animation separately for each layer or each video clip you have separated, you can do it by using split layer option.
What is the function of blending mode?
When you press F4 , “Mode” option will appear in the composition panel. When you click on the mode option, it will come with a list of option like color, multiply, darker, hard light, overlay etc. By using this option you can not only change the appearance of image but also can blend or overlap two images on each other and make it appear as single image.
What is a mask in after effects and what is the short key to select the image?
The mask is the technique by which you can select the specific area within the image or picture you want to modify while leaving the rest of the image steady, the short key to select image in mask is Ctrl+T.